Thursday, January 21, 2010

HST?

I just feel like talking.

Today I talked a lot about the new HST tax that is going to be introduced to Ontario. I fail to see the benefit to myself. In fact, it feels more like I'm about to be royally ripped off.

So now I'm going to be paying a full 13% tax on the same shit I can't afford to pay 5% tax on. How is this a benefit? The only things I have heard the government say are advantages are that its 'easier' and it will create 590 000 jobs. Jobs doing what? You really think they are going to invest all of, or some of, the mounds and mounds of money they bring in to Ontarian artists like myself. Because unless the jobs are there I don't really give a shit. So jobs in what? Anyone have any idea what that means? They haven't spoken about new social programs to put the extra tax money towards. I mean I'd really like to go to a dentist but when it comes to paying rent or going to the dentist I have to side with the roof over my head. I mean how much money is the government saving now that seeing the eye doctor is no longer free. Where did all that money go? I just don't get it.

I run a small business and the HST is going to royally fuck me. Now my customers are going to be paying more then they did in the past because now I have to pay full HST on the shirts that I buy for them for resale. This doesn't make sense to me at all. How many times can you really tax something before it becomes extortion. Not including what happens with a shirt before it gets to me, I will pay the HST on the all the shirts I buy raising the price by 8%, then when I sell it printed to a client and I have to charge the full 13% to them. If they are a business they will have to charge the 13% again. WTF? Maybe I'm wrong about this, is there a loophole I'm not aware of? But now with this new HST people in series are paying a full 13% every time the article is resold. Its fucking crazy.

I don't just feel like talking anymore, I feel like fighting!

Who agrees with the HST and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment