Sunday, January 10, 2010

My very first blog!! Where to begin?

First, I didn't actually wet my pants. In fact I haven't wet my pants since I was very young... like grade school young. Years and years ago, maybe 10 years ago before my creative side started to peter off, Jan and I wrote and published a zine (a sort of Do-it-yourself version of a magazine) called 'Flat 40oz and a Gutterbutt'. In that zine I wrote a column about anything and everything and I called it 'Oops! I wet my pants'. In an attempt to revive that same passion I had 10 years ago I chose to keep my column name. However, it is subject to change.

I was on a role and then my msn started dinging - annoying!

So... I'm getting married. After 10 years we decided that we're finally going to take the leap though, its hardly a leap since its been a decade but take the leap anyway. I'm excited! It is a wedding but not in the the traditional sense by any means. More like quote:married:unquote. It is the confirmation of common-law. That's what I like to call it. There will be no priest or hymns or other fancy-pants traditional wedding things. If its my day, I'm going to make it MY day and it will include everything I love traditional or not though note* it is a formal event and for it I will wear an actual wedding dress and this means you have to dress up too :) The date is set in STONE for June 19th, 2010. After much deliberating, agreeing, disagreeing, rearranging, communicating and organizing this is the date that works for everyone. It is NOT subject to change. Enough about the wedding though I foresee many wedding detail posts in the future.

My band is going on a Canadian tour this April all the way to BC and back. I can't wait!! Just as long as Jan and I have been together The Rotten has been rockin'n'rollin. Actually The Rotten outlives our relationship by a few months. I remind everyone, the Rotten came first. We've never done an actual tour. We've played lots of shows sort of far away like Montreal and Detroit but never across this vast country of ours. With the help of our awesome support system namely, Rebel Time Records, this tour is panning out to go down in the history books. I am super excited! Here is a list of our dates...

30 Mar Tue Sudbury
31-Mar Wed Thunder Bay
1-Apr Thu Winnipeg
2-Apr Fri Saskatoon
3-Apr Sat Edmonton
4-Apr Sun Peace River
5-Apr Mon Jasper
6-Apr Tue Prince George
7-Apr Wed Kamloops
8-Apr Thu Fraser Valley
9-Apr Fri Vancouver
10-Apr Sat Victoria
11-Apr Sun Courtenay
12-Apr Mon Nelson
13-Apr Tue Fraser Valley
14-Apr Wed Calgary
15-Apr Thu Lethbridge
16-Apr Fri Regina
17-Apr Sat Kenora
18-Apr Sun Thunder Bay
19 - Apr Mon Sault Ste Marie
20-Apr Tue Bovine
22-Apr Thu Ottawa
23-Apr Fri Montreal
24-Apr Sat Quebec
25-Apr Sun Sherbrooke

Who knew bloggin could be so much fun?! Suddenly the internet is interesting again!

1 comment:

  1. Love the name Ang. Way more original than my name!

    Blogging is very addictive! I am constantly checking my blog roll to see if any of the blogs I like reading have been updated and I am always
    "writing" blogs in my head throughout the day. I am always taking photos in case I want to post them on my blog.

    That is awesome you are going on tour. Too bad you are not going to Penticton or Kelowna - my brother and sister could maybe have checked you out.

    Talk soon,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete