Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 20 - Calgary

Calgary was meh... and I don't like saying that about shows but its really was a meh show. We were on last and there were not too many people there. We were all really tired and just not digging the vibe. The best part about the show was that Missy (highschool friend and guitar player for Rassinet) came out to hang out. Haven't seen Missy in a couple years and never in her (new) hometown. We spent the night at this really cool punk house (in the sense that punks live there) but its was really nice and lots of places to sleep. Matty and Jo own the house and made us feel right at home. We had a good sleep, showers and even got to use their washer and dryer to clean our clothes. It was really great meeting them and I hope that we can cross paths again soon. They had a zoo of reptiles... snakes, gecko, chameleon, turtle and a rabbit. So... they weren't dogs but at least I got to fill a little bit of my pet void. I miss my doggies.

It was a short jaunt today to Red Deer and now I'm sitting in our promoter-supplied hotel room (above the venue) and waiting for our promoter-supplied pizza to arrive!

Looking forward to seeing some old friends that I haven't seen since high school tonight. Should be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment