Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Rotten on Tour 2011 - April 1st - Ottawa



In Montreal now and I have access to a wifi connection... This is a good time to blog about last night in Ottawa. The show was awesome!

It was at a venue called Cafe Dekcuf on Rideau Street in Ottawa. The venue is cool - all ages bar and upstairs from a venue called Mavericks.... where Comeback Kid was playing last night too. Our crowds didn't intermingle too much but we shared the same smoking sidewalk (for those Comeback Kid fans that actually do smoke... I mean they aren't wearing a hoodie with a giganitic X on it).

First up at the show was a band called The Scally Cap Brats. They were a cool Dropkick Murphy's type oi-ish celtic punk. They actually covered some Dropkick which was cool. They really got the crowd going and pumped for the rest of the night. Next up were the Hellbats, from France. They ruled as always but during the last song singer Ellie got the mic in the teeth *ouch*.... as a precaution today we stopped at Steve's Music in Ottawa and got some 'Rotten' mic covers/teeth protectors for our microphones. We don't wanna lose any teeth. We were up third and it was fun... Ottawa punk rockers are amazing. They totally dig the music and rock out the whole time. I love that! Our set went well and as we play each night I hope we are getting re-accustomed to working out. Phew! we are outta shape!
Machine Gun Dolly were up next and of course blew the crowd away. I love those guys.
Finally Subsistance rounded out the night and as always they were awesome!... I also love those guys. Much thanks to Subsistance for supplying most of the gear we, and the other bands, used all night. Special thanks to Scott for letting me use his ride cymbal, yet again, because mine is broken and still not replaced. Thanks Scott!

Because last time we came to Ottawa we almost cost Jesse (MGD) his apartment (I guess we were a bit loud and pissed his landlords off) we were invited to after-party and sleep at their jam hall... The coolest jam hall I've ever seen


We had a mini show with MGD at the jam hall switching members and just jamming. It was a helluva lotta fun. Jean (lead vocal MGD) passed out first so he got the ass-in-the-face (haha... a MGD/TR tradition). I hope I never get the ass-in-the-face... I'm not sure anyone would dare.



Now we are in Montreal hanging out at Scott's place and chilling until we can head to the venue. I'm sure Montreal is gonna show us a good time tonight!

1 comment: